Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baking Diva

So, I'm quite the baker recently. Last weekend I took on broken glass jello, which I do admit is not really baking. The jello got me started on this baking extravaganza. Okay, not really an extravaganza but to someone who rarely bakes, it is to me and my family.


This is the broken glass jello.

Then Saturday, I tried my hand at the popular cake pop craze that is currently sweeping the nation. Even Starbucks has begun to sell them. But, I don't need no stinking Starbucks, I can make my own!

Voila! Cake Pops by Jeni

It was a little rough making the cake pops, I admit. I burnt the white chocolate and had to run to the store to buy more. The problem was that I don't have the proper chocolate melting equipment. I tried a tip that I saw online by using a ceramic mug set inside a pan of boiling water, but it didn't keep the chocolate at the right melted consistency. Then I put it in the microwave on defrost...that is when the chocolate burned. So then with my new bag of white chocolate I actually read the directions for melting chocolate in the microwave and it worked out better. Still the next time I attempt the cake pop is after I have purchased a proper chocolate melter.

Today I am attempting a bundt from scratch. A lemon bundt to be precise. It is in the oven right now and it smells delightful. As soon as it cools and the glaze is applied, I will post a photo.

1 comment:

  1. Cool Jeni!! Keep them coming so that I can come to your website when I need ideas to bake something!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete